Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Top 10 Schools Offering a Criminology Degree
In this article, we have outlined the top 10 schools and colleges offering a criminology degree. These schools are ranked by Campus Explorer Inc. based on a combination of program or major graduation data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and the popularity of a school on their website.
- University of Maryland, College Park – This public school is nestled in the quaint county of College Park, Maryland, just outside Washington, DC. The school offers a competitive criminology degree program, wherein you can concentrate on the following major courses: Correctional officer (prison officer), criminal justice and law enforcement (police), fire science, forensics/crime scene investigation, and security services.
- University of California, Irvine – UCI is one of the best schools in the southwest area of the United States that boasts for its criminology degree program. They offer major and minor subjects on criminal justice and law, with special concentrations on a plethora of criminology-related subjects.
- University of South Florida – Situated in Tampa, Florida, USF offers high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs in criminology, criminal justice, and law. With various student assistance programs and a campus designed for a place of study and concentration, USF is one of the best choices for your college education.
- California State University, Fresno – Cal State Fresno is among the most popular universities in the southwest area of the United States. They offer undergraduate and graduate programs in criminology, with concentrations on the following fields: Corrections, Forensic Behavioral Sciences, Law Enforcement, and Victimology.
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania – This school situated in the pre-Atlantic area of the United States offers a high-caliber criminology undergraduate program that can either be purely criminology or a pre-law program. This prepares students for a promising career in the criminal justice and law profession.
- University of Florida – UF provides a certificate program in criminal justice and other related fields in criminology. They have a wide variety of student assistance programs and graduate and undergraduate degrees to choose from.
- Old Dominion University – Old Dominion boasts for its topnotch research facilities, promising students that their educational programs are of high quality. If you’re looking for a good place to start your criminology studies, this is a good choice when you’re in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Ohio State University, Columbus – OSU is situated in Columbus, Ohio. It offers competitive programs in criminology and other related fields (law, corrections, and the like). The study program is highly versatile; hence, allowing for more flexibility on the part of the students.
- Indiana State University – ISU is heralded in Terre Haute, Indiana, which offers a strong foundation on the criminology academe. Students have the option to concentrate on law enforcement and evidence, corrections, law and administration, and forensic investigations.
- The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey – Located in Pomona, New Jersey, Stockton offers one of the best criminology degree tracks in the mid-Atlantic area in the United States. The college also provides unique programs such as their holocaust and genocide studies.
There are yet other schools that offer nationally approved criminology degrees in the United States. The schools aforementioned were provided to help you narrow down your choices. Contact your school of choice today for more information on academics and admission.